PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Saturday, January 10, 2015

MY WORD FOR 2015

ACTION
 
I was inspired to choose 'ACTION' as my OneWord365 for 2015.  I decided to do an art journal page for it and before I got started on it I found this site called Art to the 5th Academy.  They have a challenge called The Documented Life Project.  I decided that this would be perfect for my 'ACTION' page.  The challenge was to use book pages in your creation.  I have a book I had picked up at the thrift store that I have been using for pages in my journal art and it was ironic that as I went to tear out some pages the headings on the chapters jumped out at me as being perfect for my page.
 
Here is how my page started -
 
Paula McLane Jennings's photo.
 
Next I trimmed everything off neatly to the size of the page.
 
Paula McLane Jennings's photo.
 
I then colored over the background pages using Distress Stains.  I used Distress Inks over each of the individual thoughts I wanted to add and collaged them on top.
 
Paula McLane Jennings's photo.
 
Paula McLane Jennings's photo.
 
Paula McLane Jennings's photo.
 
Paula McLane Jennings's photo.
 
Paula McLane Jennings's photo.
 
Paula McLane Jennings's photo.
 
Paula McLane Jennings's photo.
 
Paula McLane Jennings's photo.
 
Paula McLane Jennings's photo.
 
I then coated the whole page with a layer of Mod Podge to seal it. 
 
Paula McLane Jennings's photo.
 
Now to add my 'word'.  I went to my collection of letters and chose a nice sized font that would fit on top without covering any of the important parts. 
 
Paula McLane Jennings's photo.
 
Then, I covered them with black Enamel Accents. 
 
Paula McLane Jennings's photo.
 
Finally, when I woke up this morning they were dry and I added them to complete the piece!
 

 

I hope you have enjoyed the steps of my creation and I hope that I will do well taking 'ACTION' on all of these thoughts this year!
 

 



3 comments:

  1. This is fabulous. I love how you coloured each little piece with different inks. Great word for 2015.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that word for the year. Nice start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a page that will remind you so much of where you are headed this year. I love how it came together.

    ReplyDelete