PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Monday, November 17, 2014

SUNDAY NIGHT CREATIVE TIME!

After a fun Sunday evening dinner with friends I came home and managed to sneak in a bit of creative time.  A friend of mine from church lost her mother and I wanted to send a nice condolence card to her. 

I found a simple sketch over at Case This Sketch that worked out quite well for what I had planned.

Here it is:

 
 
Here is my card:
 
 
 
My photos are not the greatest since without a PC I have to transfer them from a phone.  The background is a black cardstock.  It is layered with a satin embossed white paper and a black velvet embossed paper.  The flower is one of my favorite Sizzix embosslets.
 
I also have entered this card in Stacy's Card Challenge to 'use black' over at Sketches4All.
 
I then moved on to create a layout with a collage photo of flowers from a trip to Longwood Gardens in August 2013. 
 
I chose Make It Monday #29 from The Memory Nest for my sketch.
 
Here's the sketch:
 
 
I just noticed that it calls for using a mixed media element.  I hope that the rhinestones and the ink on all the edges will qualify!  I don't know how I missed that line when creating my layout...
 
Here it is!
 
 
I hope you have enjoyed this little peek at what I have been up to.  Hopefully there will be more to share tomorrow!  Thanks so much for stopping by.  All comments gratefully appreciated.
 



2 comments:

  1. Lovely card and layout! Great takes on the sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty take on the sketch!! Love the colors and your flower photo collage!!! Thanks for playing along with us at tMN!!

    ReplyDelete