PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Sunday, April 13, 2014

THE FIRST FEW

My first card today is a Sympathy card for a friend who recently lost her Dad. I used some velvet SEI paper, one of my favorite Sizzlet Embosslets and a new embossing folder.  I traced the embossing with a black glitter gel pen to bring out the sentiment and the edge.  I am going to enter this at Word Art Wednesday challenge #127 Anything Goes.

Here it is!




I feel bad.  I'm at that age where friends are losing parents and spouses.  I make cards all the time but never think to make Sympathy cards - they are always birthday cards, christmas cards, thank you cards, get well etc.  

My next card uses Mojo Monday sketch #340.

The sketch:


I am also entering this card at Sketches4All Spring is in the Air challenge #6 which called for using at least 3 of these colors:


and in 4Crafty Chicks challenge #189 Use Polka Dots.

My Card:


I plan to have a few more shortly so stop back again soon!

Thanks so much for dropping by.


3 comments:

  1. The tulip is lovely on this very heartfelt sympathy card. Thank you for joining us this week and for posting your awesome art in our Word Art Wednesday challenge. Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us this week at Word Art Wednesday! Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Easter card is simply elegant. I love the soft polka dots pattern paper. Thank you so much for sharing your inspiring creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks Polka Dots Challenge.

    Tamie DT

    ReplyDelete