PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Saturday, January 25, 2014

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY

Last night I finally finished a mixed media project I was making for my friend and Pastor's birthday which was last week.  She collects crosses, angels and nativities.  I had already made her one of my wooden mixed media crosses for Pastor's appreciation day so I wanted to do something with an angel and nativity. 

I had been in a swap for ATCs and had done a few on sticky back canvas that were painted, stamped and embossed and I had some left that I hadn't sent.  They had been cut down into smaller squares.  I mounted them on black corrugated cardstock.  I got out my roll of aluminum duct tape.  I put some around all the sides and back of the canvas.  I laid some out on cardstock and embossed with an embossing folder. I added this to the front of the canvas. Next I took some alcohol inks and colored this.  I stamped the sentiment 'Unto Us a Child is Born' and mounted this on the black corrugated cardstock too.  Finally I adhered all to the canvas and gave it a coat of glossy Mod Podge.  

For some reason I forgot my normal step-by-step photos but here is the completed piece.






I am sharing this for challenge #116 at Word Art Wednesday.

I hope you enjoyed this project.  I have a lot I planned to create this weekend and I am again WAY behind.  Off to the art table!  Hope you are staying warm and dry in this bitter cold nasty storm we are having here on the East Coast.

2 comments:

  1. This Is Gorgeous! You Did A Great Job

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Paula. I just love the shimmer, and I thank you so much for sharing your lovely art with us. God bless your week, and please join us again soon.
    Hugs,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete