PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Sunday, September 1, 2013

MY MAN





Welcome to the Krazy Krafting Crew's Monthly Blog Hop.  


Your host to day is Katina Martinez at

This hop is all about masculine projects of all kinds, anything our team things of that is masculine for a special guy in their life. I hope you enjoy the journey through the hop, as masculine ideas is harder to come by then general purpose crafting.
.
This is what i have made for the hop...

I figured that first I will introduce you to 'My Man', Michael Monahan.



Michael works at the Delaware County Courthouse and he wanted a new desk set for his desk.  Here is what I am using to make it for him.



These household items will be transformed into a paper clip holder, pen and pencil cup, clipboard and folder holder.

For my project today I started with the clipboard.  I used the clear acrylic clipboard above and lots of patterned paper.  I started by choosing my backbround papers  I didn't like the back of my front one so I chose a different one for the back.  



I traced the clipboard to get the shape and glued them back to back.  Next I selected lots of different scraps and papers in blues and greys as those are the colors of his office.  I wanted a border so I measured and marked the area on the front sheet that I wanted to collage in.  I cut various straight shapes and inked all the edges and arranged them in that marked off area.  Finally I used spray adhesive and attached it to the back of the clipboard so that he will still have a smooth writing surface on the acrylic top.

And finally here it is:




It's hard to get a really good view of the patterns because of the light catching on the acrylic but they are all more vibrant like they appear on the bottom of the photo.


I hope you have enjoyed the hop and be sure not to miss a stop!


13 comments:

  1. Does your man Mike work in the Delaware County (PA) Courthouse? My dad's law office used to be right across Olive Street from the DelCo courthouse and I went to elementary school in Media, PA, where the courthouse is. I am wondering if you mean the Delaware (state) courthouse as I'm JUST now learning you live in Newark! You know, I'm not THAT far from Newark -- we should meet up sometime!!! I am in suburban Philadelphia in Bucks County, about 15 miles north of Center City, but right off of I-95.

    It's sweet that you're making a desk set for Mike. Just tonight, my hubby wanted to know why we women feel it's nice to put "bling" on everything -- I showed him some Christmas cards I made today, and that was his reaction. Well!! Silly men!!!

    I hope Mike enjoys his clipboard more than John will like his Christmas card (from HALLMARK!)
    Some people are just not card-worthy, LOL.

    Fondly,
    Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
    http://cardmonkeyspaperjungle.com
    E-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net
    CTMH: http://cardmonkey.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael is from Collingdale, PA so it is the Delaware County courthouse. He had been in banking for over 28 years and had not been able to find a job so he is working through a temp service at the courthouse for I think nearly 2 years and then suplementing with work at Home Depot for the last 9 months or so. He is working himself to death trying to stay afloat. Wow how awesome that you live fairly close. I'd LOVE to get together. I am not far from 95 either. Let's definitely make a plan!

      Delete
  2. lol Ellen, so true. I love that you are making him this desk set, i am looking forward to seeing the progress of the rest of it! Thanks for hanging in there with me, and still able to post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be doing more of it for our altered swap with STT as all of the little strips are scraps! Watch the blog over the upcoming month as it will be all complete before the end of the month!

      Delete
  3. I agree with Ellen - men just don't get it!! I no longer make Mike cards as they get set aside....

    You are on your way to a wonderful desk set for your man!! Can't wait to see the rest!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. at least one more piece will be posted for a hop on September 21 with the Scraps to Treasure team and the whole set will be done before months end so watch the blog for updates!

      Delete
  4. Love the patterns you picked for the clipboard. Very interested in seeing the rest when completed.
    http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I will be putting at least one other piece in the hop on September 21 with the Scraps to Treasure team. Everything will be done by months end so watch for blog updates to see the rest!

      Delete
  5. love the idea of mike putting your office set in his office and not afraid of using it. i to cant wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that awesome! He totally loves me making things for him. First man in my life that truly appreciated handcrafted items! He actually asked if I thought I could do something for his office! Keep watching the blog for additional pieces. At least one will be in the Scraps to Treasures hop on 9/21!

      Delete
  6. I love this clipboard. Looking forward to the others. TFS.
    D~
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I will be putting at least one other piece in the hop on September 21 with the Scraps to Treasure team. Everything will be done by months end so watch for blog updates to see the rest!

      Delete
  7. Great idea.

    Sue
    rolfe974@prodigy.net

    ReplyDelete