PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Friday, June 28, 2013

TWO QUICK CARDS FOR ICAD AND SUMMER OF COLOR

I haven't had much time to create the past several days so I started out tonite doing  2 index cards for Daisy Yellow Index Card A Day using this weeks colors from Summer of Color 2013.  

On the first one I wanted to try something totally different.  I had just gotten some new Crafters Workshop templates.  I decided to use clear resist ink and embossing powder with it.  Next I took a lime green stamp pad and pressed it randomly all over.  Eventually a weird unexpected thing happened - the embossing peeled off but the resist worked great.  Then I put splotches of two different shades of purple acrylic paint on my non-stick craft mat.  Then I took a coffee cozy corrugate and pressed it into the paint and came back and pressed it all over the card.  When this dried I added a vellum sentiment.  Here it is:





The second one I didn't use a sentiment on it as it was too dark but I will use it for embellishment on something eventually.  First I took a purple stamp pad and stamped randomly over the card until it was covered.  Next I took purple Adirondack Color Wash and dripped it on.  I love the way the spots spread in flower like spots.  Then I took lime green stickles and did a curlique design all over it.  I hate waiting for them to dry so I rolled over it with a paper towel.  The interesting thing was that the stickles created a resist effect but still left some of the sparkle and a tad of green.  I took my green ink pad and dabbed oer it a bit to try and enhance the green which really didn't do much.  Here it is:




I was hoping to get to a layot tonite but it is getting late and I have a long day planned for tomorrow so this will be it for today.  

Thanks for stopping by.


2 comments: