PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Sunday, January 27, 2013

TIME FOR TECHNIQUE

For today's first project I am bringing you a card with technique.  The technique of the day being embossing. I absolutely love my Sizzix Big Kick and embossing folders.  For this card, not only did I emboss on cardstock but I also embossed on foil - specifically on aluminum duct tape.  This is for the creative monthly project over at Colorful Creations.

I chose a simple sketch from this week's Feeling Sketchy challenge-


I decided that I would do a holiday card - specifically a Valentine's Day card since that is the next upcoming holiday.  I went into my embossing folders and chose an A2 folder with all sorts of Valentine words, as well as a small dotted heart folder.  I decided to do the larger folder with the foil.  First I put the tape on a backing of cardstock so that it would be sturdy.  Then I ran it through my embossing folder and colored it with Red Pepper alcohol ink.  I added the sentiment to the strip then embossed my heart from red cardstock and cut it out and added it to the strip and voila - all finished.  A simple yet elegant card very quickly.

Here it is:


Thanks for dropping by to see what I am up to!  Hopefully I will have a bit more for you later today!


1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! I love embossing!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete