PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Monday, January 14, 2013

MORE ABOUT GOD-SIZED DREAMING



I am still not clear on the specifics of my God-Sized dream.  I know it has to do with art and the small step I have taken is that I have created something everyday for the last few days.  That has been big because the depression I have been in has kept me from doing much creating for the last few months.

I found the following very helpful:

Jesus said the two most important things in life are this: Love God, love people. That’s true of every God-sized dream. So if you’re not sure what words or goals to put to your dream yet, start there. Simply say, “My dream is to grow in my love for God and people in 2013.”


A God-sized Dreamers’ Prayer
God, your thoughts are not my thoughts {Is. 55:8}.
What you have planned for me is beyond all I can ask or imagine {Eph. 3:19-20}.
Yet you have also promised to reveal it to me through your Spirit {1 Cor. 2:8-10}.
So I open my heart, mind, and life to more of you–to whatever you have for me. Where there is ongoing fear in my life, please replace it with faith. Where there is a desire to hold back, give me the strength to move forward. Where there is a desert, lead me into the Promised Land you have prepared for me.
I embrace that my part is to pray, plan, and most of all seek you. And yours is to get me where you want me to go {Prov. 16:9Prov. 19:21}. Wherever that is, that’s where I want to be too. Because there’s no better place in this world or the next than with you {Ps. 84:10}.
Your Kingdom come, your will be done, on earth {especially my little corner of it} as it is in heaven {Matt. 6:10}.
In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Oh. I needed this. I have been dealing with growing anxiety lately, and it scares me. Thank you for this, Paula!

    ReplyDelete