PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Monday, January 28, 2013

HOPE

A few days ago I did a journal page about FAITH.  I decided that I should follow that up by the other virtues of HOPE and LOVE.  Today I did a page about HOPE.

I started by covering my substrate with white and black gesso scraped on with a credit card.  I chose the colors I wanted to work with and added them with Adirondack Paint Daubers.  On top of that I chose a Crafters Workshop template that resembled woodgrain and took Gold Stickles and scraped it over the template with a credit card.  It filled in some of the sections and left overs blank.

Next I wanted to find a quote that I liked on HOPE.  I chose one by Victoria Osteen and printed it up in sections.  I inked the edges with two of my colors of Distress Ink.

Last I picked out Grungeboard letters to spell it out and colored them with Distress Ink.  They did not seem to stand out enough so I edged them with gold glitter.  In the photo you cannot see all the letters clearly as the gold edging also runs into the gold Stickles of the design.

Here is my page:


Not sure where else to share this besides Word Art Wednesday.  I absolutely love it there as you can share scripture and other uplifting thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. HOPE is one of those things that we all need a whole lot more of. I try to encourage my kids to NEVER give up because God will never leave us or forsake us, and there is always HOPE for a bright tomorrow when you give it all to Jesus and trust Him for your future. Thanks for sharing this, Paula. You are such a blessing through your beautiful art, and I thank God for you!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula,
    Hope never disapoints us.
    Oh how I love your very beautiful journal page. I think the gold sticles reminded me of the streets paved with gold and so away I went thinking of our wonderful God.
    Thank you for joining us at Word Art Wednesday.
    Carole Robb Bisson
    The Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!

    ReplyDelete