PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Saturday, January 12, 2013

A CLEAN HEART

I checked out this weeks Word Art Wednesday and found one of my favorite scriptures, Psalm 51:10.  Right away I wanted to get to work on something for it - which is a great thing because as you know I have not been creating much at all in recent weeks.

Normally when I create for Word Art Wednesday I make a card but today I felt more inspired to work in my art journal.  This week's theme was Hearts/Anything Goes.  The plan was to use this scripture:
and to use hearts.

I start my page by misting with 3 shades of pink/purple Adirondack color washes.  Then, I took a watered down gesso mixture and pulled the color across the page.  When that was dry I took out 2 of my favorite Crafters Workshop templates and Snow Cap and Silver Adirondack Paint Daubers.  I wrote the word Create across the upper left and Renew along the bottom right with an embossing pen and used some Violet embossing foil.  I mounted the scripture to some pink patterned paper and then onto a light pink dotted paper which I ran through my Sizzix Embossing Folder with linked hearts.  I took some Raspberry Distress Ink and blended over the hearts.  I attached this in the center of the page.  Then I took out a large pink heart doily.  I cut the center out of it and adhered it to my page using heavy gel matte medium.

Here is my creation:

Thanks for dropping by.  Hopefully I will have something new for you over the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Paula! It's always SO NICE when you can join us. What a beautiful job you done transforming this week's word art in a creation of beauty. Wow! Thank you so much for sharing this. I will just bet it is even more magnificent in real life with all those wonderful textures. Wish I could see it up close!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula,
    You take your art very seriously. All that work paid off with this beautiful creation.
    Thank you for joining us at Word Art Wednesday.
    Carole Robb Bisson
    May the Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!

    ReplyDelete