PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Saturday, September 1, 2012

WATERCOLOR FUN!

For this week's Paper Secret's CYAO challenge one of the selections was blending markers or watercolors.  I never anticipated using my watercolors for a card so this week's Mojo Monday sketch was going to be a real stretch.  I got out my new set of watercolor paints, some watercolor paper, a brayer, a mister and a white oil pastel.  I started off by creating a resist with my white pastel.  It was just doodled swirls but I knew I wanted something different on my page.  I then laid down all the shades of blues and greens that came in my set.  I misted this with water then ran a brayer all over the page.  I am new to working with watercolors in tubes and didn't realize how much paint I had used.  Quickly I grabbed a clean sheet of watercolor paper and pressed it on top.  This gave me an entirely different take on the colors and will be perfect  for cutting some of the designs of the card from.

Here are my two sheets of watercolor:


As soon as they dried I went to work at cutting my card and choosing a sentiment.  Here is the sketch I had to work with from Mojo Monday:


I opted for the square card and for my three elements for the Paper Secrets challenge I used the watercolors, handmade flower and bling/pearl flourish.

Here is my card:


This week's challenge really was a CHALLENGE.  I don't know which I had a harder time with - choosing my 3 elements, the watercolor or putting down that rhinestone flourish!  Hope you enjoyed your visit today!


No comments:

Post a Comment