PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Thursday, September 20, 2012

IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A BIT LIKE CHRISTMAS!

Just this morning in my emails was a post about crafters getting ready for Christmas.  I am doing a show in October and realized that I should be spending some time making Christmas themed cards and projects.  It was time to work on cards and I started flipping through a list of challenges and came across Always Playing With Paper's Merry Monday challenge.  It was a suggestion to start on your Christmas cards and it came with an awesome sketch.  I grabbed some paper and got started.

Here is the sketch:


Here is my card:


For my next stop I went to Use it Tuesday who was having an anything goes for using your stash.  I decided to go with another card with the leftover paper and I was using a card base from a box of cards I've had at least a year.  Now it was time to look into my Christmas stash.   There with the embellishments I found these great little wooden shapes that I have probably had for at least 10 years!  Just perfect!  I loved that sketch and decided I would modify it a tad and use it again.

Card #2


I had a bit more of the paper left and one red card base so I decided to go for it and do a bonus card using another of those cute little wooden shapes.

Bonus


I feel very accomplished making this cute little set of Christmas cards and now I had best get in gear and get off to work.  Come back tonite to see what my other creating will be.

Hope you have enjoyed this little bit of early Christmas!






6 comments:

  1. Fabulous start for your Christmas cards. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Three cards for one challenge. I have to say the middle bear one is my favorite. Thanks for taking part in the Merry Monday challenge. I hope you'll be back week after week!

    Hugs,

    Terry (FD)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start to your Christmas collection. Your three cards are very cute. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I love all 3 cards you made for this week's challenge, Paula! Adorable images, papers and pretty ribbon! Nice job!
    Thanks for playing along this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Great job with the sketch! That is wonderful you made three Christmas cards and all so sweet! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a cute start to your Christmas cards, Paula! Love that gingham paper! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete