PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Monday, July 16, 2012

TAKING MY PENCIL TO THE SECOND FLOOR

The sixth challenge on the Second Floor was to use your pencil.  I rarely use pencil so this was a stretch but I knew what I wanted to try right away.  First I took my Tim Holtz Spring and Summer Distress inks and covered my pages.  Next I sprayed them with water, let them drip, mushed them together and eventually rolled paper towel over the last of the dampness.  I loved the color combination.  Next I took out several different Crafter's Worshop templates.  Using a pencil I added them randomly all over the page until I was satisfied.  Here is the result:


I usually use quotes over my art journal backgrounds but I was afraid that the words would get lost in the pencil so it took a bit of deciding for what came next.  I was just at EXPO and picked up a few word stamps at Rubbernecker that I felt would work well on this background because they were bold.  Here's the result:


I hope you have enjoyed another trip with me to the Second Floor.

1 comment: