PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

PLAYING AT A DESIGN FOR THE TEAM!

Over at the Child's Play Blogspot they are having a Design Team call.  I have been having so much fun designing some layouts based on favorite children's toys and books that I decided I would take a chance and try out for the team.  The challenge for the call is to build a layout inspired by the following fun child's toy:


Although we did have this toy when my boys were young I couldn't locate an unscrapped photo of either of them walking and running with it so I decided to take my inspiration from the balls that pop up and down on the inside of the toy.  In wanting to keep the theme with balls I came across a cute photo of my youngest and his cousin playing in the Small Fry Ball Pit at a McDonald's back in 1999.  I hope to have captured some of the popping movement of the balls around the photo by not spacing them evenly and by having some jump in front of others the way they would in the toy.

Here's my take-


Hope you have enjoyed seeing my take on the inspiration and I will keep my fingers crossed on making the team!  Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. so cute to pull out that ball pit pic from '99!! love the pattern paper circles, great way to use scraps!! Thanks for submitting to our DT call, we'll be announcing the 1st week in July!
    =) Tiffany
    Child’s Play Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout and good luck with the DT call.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on the call and that's a cute idea for the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can almost feel those balls poping up and down. Good job on the layout and good luck

    ReplyDelete