PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

WELCOME BACK TO THE 2ND FLOOR!

For the Second Floor challenge #4 it was to be inspired by circles.  I decided to create a layout for this one using only circles.  This is a stretch for me as I don't often cut my photos into circles.  I also decided that I was going to use inks and paints as I had some great circle templates by Crafters Worshop that I planned to use.  I started with a blank page.  I took the first stencil and inked in a variety of spots.  Then I took my other stencil with the larger circles and various shades of acrylic paint and added those.  They were a little bright so I gesso'd over the whole page to tone it down a bit.  It still seemed to be missing something and I wanted to add another color so I took more ink and the small circle stencil and went to work at filling up the page.  Now I was happy.  Or so I thought.


Next I cut my photos into circles and arranged them on the page.  It was still missing something.  I moved all the photos, got the larger circle stencil back out and took a black marker and traced most of the circles.


Now it was ready for the photos!

And finally, here is my finished layout.


Thanks for stopping by.  
Hope you enjoyed your trip to the Second Floor!



6 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! Love how you used the photos with all the wonderful colors of circles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page. I love the circles!!! And the colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is fabulous! I really like how you took the chance and cut your photos into circles. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome...love how you did the layers with the stencil and the colors...and, of course, those circles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it. Thanks for sharing your process too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you used the photos in a circle too- wonderful. Thanks for playing along with me and Julie in the SEcond Floor Challenge!

    ReplyDelete