PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

PLAYING WITH SOME NEW TOYS!

I wanted to make a Mother's Day card for my boyfriend's Mom and decided it would be fun to play with a few new toys.  A while back I won this great October Afternoon stamp set from Outlaw Women Scrapbook Emporium that had some pretty doilies.  I started with a green card base and I stamped the doilies all over in black Archival ink.  Then I took my new Sizzix die - Tim Holtz Alterations Tattered Flowers and another Sizzix flower die and I cut some flowers out of old book pages.  I colored them with Distress Stains Antique Linen and Vintage Photo.  I used vintage buttons for the centers.  I added a bunch of small Prima flowers and the front was done.  For the inside I stamped the sentiment Happy Mother's Day on white cardstock, colored it with Antique Linen Distress Stain, distressed the edges and added some Walnut Stain Distress ink on the edges.  A small Prima flower inside and finished!


2 comments:

  1. Fabulous Paula, love the idea of the flowers and old book pages...gorgeous card.

    Thanks for joining in with us at Crafty Sentiments Designs...

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute doilies, I love playing with something new! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week :)

    ReplyDelete