PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

SECOND SECOND FLOOR CHALLENGE

The challenge this time around is to use something from your art stash that you've never used before.  Whatever that means to you or however it inspires you.  The prompt is simply meant to get you started.  The level of challenge you aim for is entirely internal and up to you.


For this challenge there really wasn't anything in my stash I've been waiting to use but there was a technique I wanted to try which used various items in different ways.  I decided that since the technique was new and I'd use a lot of different products some of which I don't use often it would make a good trip to the second floor.


My project is an art journal spread using the quote "Once you choose hope, anything's possible" -Christopher Reeve.  I started by coating my pages with Matte Mod Podge.  I cut several different lengths of different colors of embroidery floss.  I dropped them onto the page and pressed them in with my fingers.  Then I took a sheet of hot pink tissue paper (I would have used white but I didn't have any).  I crumbled it and then unfolded it and pressed it down into the Mod Podge.  Once I was satisfied I gave it another coat of Matte Mod Podge.  I then dripped on some pink acrylic paint and some gesso and spread it over the texture with an old credit card.  I loved the webby textures that were created by the thread and the crinkly tissue which were further accentuated by the lighter shades of paint.  I added gold stickers for the words CHOOSE HOPE.  I wrote the quote on the page with a Pitt marker.  I finished it off by dusting it with Gold Perfect Pearls.


Here is the result:

Thanks for stopping up to my second floor.  Hope you enjoyed the trip!


4 comments:

  1. love the texture you created- wonderful. Thanks for joining in our Second Floor Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful background, what an excellent idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the effect that you got with the tissue...I think the pink ended up working well for you. I did a cool scrapbook page for my challenge... Love the 2nd Floor idea!

    ReplyDelete