PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Friday, March 2, 2012

Latest Design Team Challenges!

For my first challenge for Colorful Creations this month I decided to 'Get Back to Basics' and do a page on a plain white sheet of cardstock.  I kept my layout monochromatic and only used stains, inks, pens, stamps and some grungeboard letters to embellish it.  Here is what I came up with:

I also design for Paper Thrills Challenge Blog and the latest challenge there was in honor of Leap Year.  We were asked to do a layout that involved leaping.  I didn't have any leaping photos on hand and decided that for me leaping would be in the techniques I used.  For those of you that are not familiar with my work I often only use a one word title or even just a date so I decided to go with a long title using a few different fonts.  And for my real big leap, I am new to mixed media and have been testing out different mediums in my art journal and I decided to take a leap and use some molding paste on a layout.  For the ice cream cones I used a Sizzix die.  I used an embossing folder and some distress stain for the waffle cone and molding paste to make the ice cream.  As it was drying I added some Beadies for sprinkles.  I was really happy with the way they came out.  So here's my leap-

Hope you have enjoyed my DT work.  Come back again as there will be 2 more challenges in 2 weeks.  (and some other posts in between about various other projects I'm involved in!)

No comments:

Post a Comment