PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Monday, December 5, 2011

THE TIM HOLTZ 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS - DAY 5

Happy Monday!  Today is Day 5 of Tim's 12 Tags of Christmas and I thought at first I was going to be able to get the same effect but sadly not...but I did find a great improv for it.  Tim started off with a clear plastic sheet and glossy cardstock.  I had clear packaging and glossy cardstock as well as alcohol inks so other than the reverse stamp I figured it would be a piece of cake today.  I used my Red Pepper and Cranberry alcohol inks to cover the plastic.  Then I decided to do snowflakes for the resist technique because they would look just as well in reverse.  I tried the ink technique and blotting it off and it just smeared the color.  I tried it with the alcohol blending solution and it removed everything in the area.  So...time for a new idea.  I used Snow Cap Mixative and stamped the snowflakes.  So far so good - I had white snowflakes just like Tim's white words.  That was UNTIL I put the ink side down on the glossy card stock.  I now had darker snowflakes but the effect was still there.  I didn't have leaves for the wreath so I decided to do a tree.  For my tree I took aluminum duct tape and adhered it to cereal box.  I ran this through a textured embossing folder with swirls then I ran it through a Sizzix tree die.  I took 2 shades of green alcohol ink and inked the tree and 2 shades of brown and inked the stump.  I decided I wanted a bit more shading to the tree so then I stamped my Icy Pine Distress ink over that and adhered it to the plastic.

And Voila! here is what resulted:

I hope you can see the snowflakes...in the picture you have to look a lot more carefully than at the card itself.

Thanks for looking!  Have a great day!

4 comments: