PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Friday, December 2, 2011

THE TIM HOLTZ 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS - DAY 2

Today was the second day of the Tim Holtz tags.  See Tim's tag here.

I decided to do a card again.  I had to substitute for a lot of the materials again.  For my background, I used music stamps on kraft paper, resist ink, and Distress Stain Broken China over a Crafters Workshop swirled stencil. I don't have a reindeer die or sticky canvas so I used a reindeer stamp on kraft paper with walnut stain Distress ink.  I mounted it on chipboard, cut it out and used pop up tape under it.   I made the wreath with a pipe cleaner colored with Distress Ink and Green Stickles.  I added a shooting star sticker and added red brads to the gold borders which I put on the top and bottom.

And here's mine:


I hope you are enjoying my take on Tim's wonderful tags.  At the end I will have a series of Christmas cards all set to mail out just in time!

3 comments:

  1. Love your flying reindeer! great colors on this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific card, love that you are using what is in your stash instead of rushing out to buy more - I'm determined to do the same :) Fab background you made x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and what a good idea to make cards :-) S xx

    ReplyDelete