PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Monday, December 12, 2011

THE TIM HOLTZ 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS - DAY 11

Today Tim did a very Jolly Santa on a beautiful blue background. He used a melting pot, shrink plastic, alcohol inks and UTee to make embellishments.  I had a very busy day today and only got to working on my tag this evening.  I did not have any shrink plastic (or a melting pot) so I used packaging and UTee and very small diecut leaves and a tree branch. I colored them with alcohol inks.  I did my background with several shades of blue Distress inks and stains on glossy cardstock. The background still looked too plain so I ran it through a holiday embossing folder for some texture. I stamped my Santa and HoHoHo in black on glossy cardstock.  I used red Distress ink and Walnut stain Distress ink on blending foam to color Santa and his reindeer.  I used Forest Green Distress stain to color the HoHoHo.  I added a bit of white Liquid Pearls for the snow on top of the letters.  I used foam tape to pop up the Santa and HoHoHo like Tim did.  Up in the corner I added my plastic Utee branch and leaves.  I added a few red pearls for the holly berries.

It's not my favorite but here it is:

Can't wait to see what Tim comes up with for the Grand Finale tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Amazing what you can do with packaging, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the treatment to your background! I think that its as much fun finding ways to work around the items that we don't have as it is making the tag!

    ReplyDelete